Tuesday, June 30, 2009

New/Review Photos

Here is the best shot I have of that new painting you see in the review photos:
More to come as soon as I have a permanent residence. Right now I'm staying out in Quincy, MA until I move back into the city, hopefully in September. I'm extrememly nervous for my paintings. Smaller pieces are in the trunk of my car (eek) and the larger pieces have a room of their own here in the house. I leaned them against a wall carefully and thoughtfully but the floors in this old place are warped. They are not level. Which means two very bad things for me: A: I cannot continue the ice series as I have been, and B: My canvas stretchers run the risk of warping if they are resting on non-level floors all summer.
I could continue the ice series and control the paint drips, which is what everyone seems to suggest I do (I'm serious, every peer and critic suggests the same exact thought to me as if it were a wild, new and innovative idea!) But this series involves physics and science to a light degree (temperature, threshold, weight, and pooling and evaporating so far), and I'm honestly uninterested in a drippy mess! ...Well, I may get desperate. Time will tell.

I had a limited selection of photographs to show from my final review at MassART since they were all taken with my phone. Here are a few more, just because I haven't posted in a while:



No comments:

Post a Comment