Sunday, January 12, 2014

Studies

I often get a more noticeable positive reaction from people for my studies--i.e. small(er) pieces of work that I generally regard as insignificant; merely a means of mainly color and paint interaction testing before moving onto the "real" piece or pieces. 

I wonder why this is?

Part of me suspects I may simply "post" these to social media at opportune times (however that is determined-- I don't know). There's also the plain fact that the small studies outnumber the large, complete pieces. And the final possible reason I'd prefer not to admit: maybe they're made more freely than the "finished" work (in quotes because I consider the studies finished too) made with more gusto and less trepidation. 

I resolve not to worry what the reason may be. A positive reaction is a positive reaction. Below is my newest popular study, made in conjunction with the pieces from my last post, which were installed on Boylston Street in Boston last week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment