Sunday, January 3, 2010

Fuzzy Logic Submission

This was the call to artists for an exhibition called "Fuzzy Logic":
Seeking painters who infuse conceptual methodology
with non-objective painting practices. Exhibition examines
non-representational art with conceptual, rule-based strategies.
The concept of this show is great for my work! I submitted five paintings. I wish I had a good photograph of my latest piece to submit, but I haven't taken one yet. I may do this tomorrow.

It has changed a lot since we last saw it here (the second image). I have mixed feelings about the state of its completion and if I feel successful. One thing that has been different about this piece is that it doesn't have a title, which usually comes to me as I'm working. Sometimes I find a title as early as the first few hours. I want to put this painting away until I know more.  In the meantime, I have more wood for another 48 x 60 canvas just waiting for me in my studio!

No comments:

Post a Comment